How Can We Help?
Post type: Media
Media, in the way we use it, contains images. WordPress creates a lot of different versions aka Renditions from each image. These are used for different devices and different designs.
Therefore the image should be saved as a high-quality JPEG file and it should not contain any other mark, like we did before on the old website.
Specification for a normal image
- Resolution: 1920 x 1280 px
- Format: JPEG
- Quality: “Very high” or “Highest”
- File name: Try to give it a meaningful name, that describes what is on the picture
- Don’t use a name that describes the article you want to place the image in, like “News 19-03-17”!
Adding images to Media
- Save one or more images in the above specified way
- Goto WordPress Admin
- Hover over “Media” and click “Ad New”
- Either drag the images into the dotted rectangle or click the “Select Files” button and select the files in the upcoming dialog
- Afterwards for each image
- Click “Edit”
- Set the focal point